Sunday 19 February 2012

It's been a pretty quiet week, which is nice.  Not much excitement and lots of time to read.

The good news - My blood counts seem to be coming back up and my doctor said this morning "May be recovering next week"

The bad news - The unfortunate side effects of chemo are showing up.  My mouth has been really sore.  It hurts to eat and brushing my teeth is excruciating. As of this morning, my hair has started to fall out.  This is something that I thought I was prepared for... As it turns out, I don't think you can really prepare for pulling out handfuls of hair.

6 comments:

  1. 'Dear Brandy, we love the news that you are getting better and we look forward to visit you." - Nonna

    As much as the bad news hurts us as well, the good news makes it bearable. We admire your strength and love you very much - Uncle elio and Aunt cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. I'm sorry for this experience but remember what you see on the outside does not reflect the inside-your spirit is stronger then ever before! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone else said it better but I echo their sentiments....

    Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.

    Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

    The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it.

    and....If you're going through hell, keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here Here, good quote Kelly.
    Bran, leave the hair in hell so they know you've been there ....once you get to the other side ...we'll soon have the same hair style!
    luv'n hugs beautiful ..and that you truly are ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brandy,
    I am Jude, a friend of your dear aunt Noonie ...just so you know, here in Belgium I am thinking of you and send you all my positive energy to help you go through what you are living now ... stay as strong as possible (well, easy to say...) and do never forget : nothing could alter your beauty (and I know how beautiful you are ... someone told me many times ...) ! Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brandy, I am another friend of your Aunt Noonie (or is it Nudie I can never quite remember :-)) in Brussels. Your Blog is a credit to you and totally inspiring.

    We are all thinking of you and as they say Bon Courage!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete