Sunday 12 February 2012

Bellinis & Lube... ?

Wow!  What a busy weekend.  I'm still feeling good though, so it was nice to see everyone now.  I hear this coming week will be the worst, so I'll want to limit the visits.

It's incredibly dry in here which I have learned is because bacteria grows in moist environments, so they keep it as dry as possible.  This has not been good for my skin, lips or nose.  I can moisturize my skin and I go through Blistex like crazy, but there's not much you can do for the nose... So, for the last few days, I've been digging for burried treasure on a regular basis.  Yesterday, the dryness started causing nosebleeds.  My nurse offered me some 'Mucol' to help... Just something to help keep my nose less dry.



With my platelets being so low, and the nosebleeds continuing, they decided it was time for a transfusion.  So, I got hooked back up to Winston... No martinis this time, I guess it was a bellini... ?

3 comments:

  1. vaselline works good for nose bleeds too. i'm very experienced in this situation(all my life). and my kids give me practice too! mmmmm! Bellini sounds good too!Wonderful immagination you have and always alcohol related! hmmmm....
    Wishing you well this week. all you can do is have as much possitive energy around you if you can't muster up some of your own. that's ok though. cause that's what everyone is here for. to help you fight the fight. Love cous Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... bellini's for breakfast, yum ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... I don't see nasal or nose anywhere on that Jelly pack!? ...

    ReplyDelete