Thursday 24 January 2013

Tests, tests and more tests

At my last appointment my doctor ordered three more tests to be done. Two were for the shortness of breath and he said he wanted those done right away and he said we'd do another endoscopy to see if we can finally figure out what's been going on with my throat.

Well the least urgent of the tests was done yesterday. I have now had my third endoscopy since my transplant, so hopefully they will have found something conclusive this time. I think they finally found the right amount of sedation to use on me as well... I was pretty much out for the procedure, but not completely stupid after like last time. The worst part of the whole thing was how late in the day it was scheduled because I couldn't eat after midnight the night before... And anyone who knows me knows I love food.

My next test will be a CT Scan this Saturday at 7am. Not too excited about the time, but I'm likely the first appointment, so at least I should be in and out pretty quickly. This is one of the two tests my doctor ordered to try to figure out why I've been so short of breath.

The third and final test he wanted done right away was a pulmonary function test. Since I haven't heard anything about when this test was scheduled for yet, I called the clinic today to find out what was going on. The nurse tells me that the appointment is booked... for June 2. Somehow, I don't think waiting 6 months for a test when I can't walk up a flight of stairs without totally losing my breath is acceptable. Anyway, I have left a message for my clinic nurse to try to straighten that out. Hopefully I'll be able to get that done before my clinic appointment on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment