Saturday 7 July 2012

making memories

I'm down to my last two days at home before I go back to the hospital and I've been making the most out of all of the time I have with my loved ones before the transplant.

In the last week Kendall and I had our families over for a backyard party to enjoy some time while I'm still feeling well and had a blast.  We had good BBQ and cold drinks and greata company.  Thank you to everyone who came - it was so great to spend some time with you all!




After the party, Kendall and I travelled up to our boat for a couple of days to relax by the water and enjoy the Canada Day fireworks on the beach.




Following our relaxing time at the boat, we decided to head up to Niagara Falls for some good old fashioned, cheesy, touristy fun.  We had a beautiful view of the falls from our hotel room.


After checking into our room, Kendall told me he had booked us something cheesy and touristy to do later that afternoon... Looking forward to some fun, I just went along with whatever he had planned.  We ended up going to beautiful Hillebrand Winery in Niagara on the Lake for a wine tasting, tour and dinner in their four diamond restaurant.




After dinner we walked to the Winemaker's Lookout to see the beautiful view of the vineyard where Kendall got down on one knee and proposed!


When we got back to our hotel room that night, we got to see the beautiful fireworks show on the American side of the falls (which Kendall will gladly take credit for as part of the proposal!).

The next day, we spent some more time having fun at The Falls, then took a detour on our way home to stop in toronto to see LMFAO at the Molson Amphitheatre.

After what is probably the best week of my life, I don't want to spend the next month or so stuck in a hospital room, but at least I will have a lot of wonderful memories to bring with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment