Tuesday 10 July 2012

Day -7

I did not sleep at all last night.  I forgot how bright it is in a hospital room.  On top of that, the dressing for my Hickman line was too tight and pulling the skin and the cleaning solution was making me horribly itchy.

I woke up this morning feeling much betther though.  No more pain at the incision site in my neck, more like an overall ache, as if I've been punched in the chest.  I'm sure that will go away over the next couple of days.

Other side effect so far seem to be from the Dialantin (seizure meds) - blurring my vision (I'm typing this with my eyes closed and Kendall will proofread later) and making me a little dizzy.  I only have to put up with the for a few more days, and they may adjust the amount I'm getting tomorrow.

Overall my day went well though.  I had a couple of visitors and then got the great news that I was allowed to leave once my chemo was done running and spend the night at home.  So now I'm at home with my fiancee and my puppy for the rest of the night.  I'm a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment