Wednesday 3 October 2012

Day 78

Another doctor's appointment yesterday, which means another day spent in a hospital waiting room. The good news this week is that my CMV level is negative which means the virus has gone dormant again and I don't have to have my IV anymore. So, next week the doctor is going to decide if I can have my hickman line taken out (attempt #2).

Although I have had the dose of my medications cut back, due to the length of time I have been on some of them the side effects are getting worse.  The prednisone (steroid) gave me "moon face" a couple of months ago, but now I've added "buffalo hump" to the list. Prednisone actually redistributes fat in your body to cause a round puffy face and a hunchback which I now have both of. Very cute. Another one of my meds, cyclosporine (immuno-suppressant) is now causing hair to grow on my face. Even cuter. In addition to all of this, it's been almost 3 months since the chemo stopped and I am still completely bald. So the only hair actually growing on my body is on my cheeks.

Only 17 days left to sponsor me for the Light the Night Walk... Please click here to sponsor me!

No comments:

Post a Comment